FCIC's Inclusion Insider Newsletter
The Inclusion Insider is a periodic newsletter of the FCIC that includes helpful resources and current events. You can read current and past issues through the links below.
If you would like to sign-up for the FCIC mailing list and receive future issues automatically you can subscribe by filling out the form on the right. You can choose to unsubscribe at any time.
FCIC Inclusion Insider Newsletter Archive
FCIC in the News
- FCIC: A Hidden Gem at USF Provides Much Support to People with Developmental Disabilities and Their Families
- 30 years ago, President George H.W. Bush lifted his pen to sign the Americans with Disabilities Act while expressing, “Let the shameful wall of exclusion finally come tumbling down.” Since then, much progress has been made to prohibit discrimination against individuals with disabilities in all areas of public life, including jobs, schools, transportation, health, and all public and private places that are open to the general public. Established in 2005, the Florida Center for Inclusive Communities (FCIC)/University Center for Excellence in Developmental Disabilities (UCEDD) within the University of South Florida (USF) College of Behavioral & Community Sciences is the only center on disabilities at USF.
- Dr. Karen Berkman Interviewed by WFLA
- "Technology programs for students with disabilities available in Tampa."
- The Learning Academy at USF and MacDonald Training Center Announce Technology Collaboration
- This unique collaboration provides new educational programs in technology for people with disabilities. Students will have the opportunity to earn globally recognized industry certifications in a variety of technology fields, all with the goal of technology-based employment, one of the fastest growing sectors in Florida.