Early Childhood Materials
This fact sheet provides information about the PBS process and effectiveness in schools, as well as critical elements to sucessful application and a variety of FCIC programs.
Milestone Moments is an adaptation of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention “Learn the Signs, Act Early” campaign booklet that includes a comprehensive list of milestones and tips for parents of children ages 2 months to 5 years. This booklet can be used to determine gaps in development, help doctors understand delayed or missing development, help families understand what is typical development, and to help educators know what the child needs to strengthen. Milestone Moments is available in both English and Spanish and can be printed directly off our website on 8.5” x 11” paper or can be ordered to be printed in a spiral bound, tabbed booklet that is 5.5” x 8.5”. To obtain ordering information please contact: Myrna Veguilla, 813-974-7008.
This booklet provides a report on the program-wide implementation of the "Teaching Pyramid" within a Head Start Program. The Southeast Kansas Community Action Program (SEK-CAP) provides information on the implementation of the model and the outcomes for the children, families, teachers, and program.
"Making Life Easier" Series
The "Making Life Easier" series is designed specifically for parents and caregivers. This series of tip-sheets contains valuable information on how to make often challenging events easier to navigate, and even enjoyable, for both caregivers and children.
This page includes links to both internal (FCIC) and external (non-FCIC) websites. External links are selected and reviewed when the page is published. However, the FCIC is not responsible for the content of external websites. The FCIC website does not accept submissions or requests.
Florida Links for Early Childhood Services and Programs
- Florida's Early Steps System (early intervention services for infants and toddlers)
- Florida Directory of Early Childhood Services
- Office of Early Learning (Florida)
- Florida Department of Education Early Learning
- Florida Department of Children and Families, Child Care Services
- Florida Department of Education, Bureau of Exceptional Education and Student Services
National and State Links
- National Early Childhood Technical Assistance Center (NECTAC)
- Early Childhood Outcomes Center
- Orelena Hawks Puckett Institute (multiple research, training, and TA projects housed here)
- Technical Assistance and Training System for Programs serving Prekindergarten Children with Disabilities (Florida)
- Division for Early Childhood of the Council for Exceptional Children
Not finding what you're looking for?